Click here to edit text
Alpha Delta Kappa
Beta Eta Chapter
Minutes: October 24, 2016
- Call to Order: at 4:55 PM by Kim Gerould with 34 members present at Greenhills Elementary School.
- Thought for the Day was given by Linda Drever.
- Sharry Colnar introduced our guest speaker from the Crocker Art Museum, Scott O’Connor.
- October Birthday celebrants chose gifts from a basket of framed words of wisdom.
- Teresa Olea offered suggestions for our poetry activity (getting better acquainted with our sorority sisters) called “Where I’m From”.
- Diane Filice introduced her guest Linda Schou from Oak Hills as a potential member.
- A∆K Month -Christy Thorson reported a tri-fold with sorority information has been prepared along with a lollipop to be given to possible new members. Please let her know of any contact names. We also listened to a message from our International President, Ruth Ann Griggs, encouraging us to visit ADK’s website for information.
- September minute corrections were – under correspondence the spelling of “losses”, Women’s Club Fashion Show will be “Nov.” 12th from 11 to “2:30”, and “two” $1,000
scholarships will be given to local schools. Susan Goto moved the minutes be accepted as corrected. Linda Warfield seconded and the motion carried.
- Dolores Faul encouraged retirees to join CalRTA to keep informed of our benefits.
- Treasurer’s Report –Sally Sifuentes reported $2,196.48 in checking and $13,075.11 in savings. The Goto Scholarship fund total is $1,929.00. There will be a $5.00 charge for late dues. Please pay dues by the December Brunch.
- Altruistic report from Diane Filice –log sheets were distributed, volunteers are needed on December 9th to sort items for the Sierra College Food Closet, and surveys will be sent to find members interested in helping needy students.
- Membership Committee urges us to invite potential members to our Nov. 5th field trip, Nov. meeting, and/or the Dec. Brunch. Notify Terri Holister of guests that will attend.
- Scholarship Committee chair, Sharry Colnar, reminded us of the 2 scholarships per year. The mid-year deadline is Feb. 15th 2017. We will have photos of the Middle School Music Camp Scholarship recipients.
- Ways and Means co-chair Rita Pritchard reported a form is available on-line and can be given to the business owners we may approach for Bunco donations. Bunco’s date is March 2, 2017.
- Publicity – Joanne Devine’s article for the Bee has not been seen yet. Tribune also needs calls with persistence. Carol Sue said she would invite the media to the Lillie Apostolos November meeting.
- StateInformation from Diana Galvan – there were 12 Beta Eta sisters attending the Northern District Conference in Pleasanton. Christy Thorson moved attendees be reimbursed $30 for Conference registration. Teresa Olea seconded and the motion carried.
- International information from Kim Gerould included how-to log-on to the website with the number from the back of the Kappan. Additional data on how to log-on were printed on papers available on our tables. Susan Goto said we could find the SW Regional newsletter with scholarship information on this website.
- Raffle business – Sally Sifuentes completes paperwork for each month we have a raffle. Amounts collected are tracked and reported to complete the process.
- RCSD Board meeting on Nov. 17th will be considering Susan Goto’s name for a new elementary school. All Beta Eta members are encouraged to attend a 4:30 Happy Hour at Old Town Pizza before the 6:00 District Office meeting. Purple shirt attire will be expected.
- Please submit any names for outstanding citizenship in our community.
- A framed thank you for community service was given to Susan Goto from her sorority sisters.
- As part of Fraternal Education Allyson Farnsworth gave a summary of Agnes Robertson’s biographical information. She found a need for teachers to make a connection. Her motto was to contribute 24 hours 8 days a week!
- Thank you to our hospitality committee.
- Diane Filice won the raffle gift of theater tickets.
- Next meeting will be at Greenhills School on Nov. 28th starting at 4:30 for social time.
- After singing the Lamp of A∆K the meeting was adjourned at 6:35.
Sheila Farnsworth, Recording Secretary